Walker Textures® Traction – The Revolution in Anti-slip Acid-etched Glass
Walker Textures® Traction is a line of anti-slip acid-etched glass. It consists of two well known patterns 406 and 407, as well as Force a full surface etch without any pattern at all.
The demand for acid-etched glass in pedestrian areas has steadily increased over recent years. Its remarkable qualities in light transmittance and of its aesthetics have unquestionably contributed to this situation.
The Walker Textures® Traction anti-slip acid-etched glass products ally discretion, light transmittance, durability, safety and add an undeniable sophisticated touch of design. The coefficient of friction for the three Traction options has been calculated based on ANSI A137.1:2012 Section 9.6 - Procedure for Dynamic Coefficient of Friction (DCOF).
Traction glass is typically used as part of a multi-layer glass assembly requiring appropriate engineering. Please consult a structural engineer before designing a glass stair tread or floor.
Walker Textures® Traction offers many advantages, including:
- Superior coefficient of friction
- No restriction of light flow
- Superior resistance to surface contamination from dirt, oils, chemicals, liquids, food, etc.
- Sophisticated touch of design
- Conducive to high quality edgework
- Excellent wear resistance properties
- Consistent acid-etched finish
- Free of iridescence
Full Surface Force
Technical Data on Acid-etched Anti-slip glass
Traction glass provides a high slip resistant coefficient based on a recognized test method.
ANSI A137.1:2012 Section 9.6 Procedure for Dynamic Coefficient of Friction (DCOF) Testing
Wet Dynamic Coefficient of Friction (DCOF)
- Pattern 406: 0.67
- Pattern 407: 0.66
- Full Surface Force: 0.56
Product Specifications for Acid-etched Anti-slip glass
- Colors: Clear and ultra-clear*, other substrates available on demand
- Thicknesses: 6MM to 12MM for 406 and 407 pattern - 6MM to 19MM for Force
- Dimensions: 96’’ x 130’’standard for all three options - 96’’ x 144’’ maximum size for Force
* Tempering of ultra-clear glass is recommended for pattern 406 and 407, to correct slight color variances caused by the Walker Textures® Traction manufacturing process.
- Guidelines for Product Selection (PDF document)
- Product Specifications (PDF document)
- Service Advantages
- Handling, Fabrication, Installation and Cleaning (PDF document)
- Processes possible with acid-etched anti-slip glass
- Warranty (PDF document)
Is Walker Textures® Traction the right solution?
To receive product samples, a free copy of our white paper entitled "What Specifiers Should Know About Acid-etched Glass For Walkways" and subscribe to our monthly newsletter, please fill out and submit the following form.