Walker Textures™ Bird Friendly Glass
Number 1 Surface Solution!
AviProtek™ is the basic bird friendly solution by Walker Textures™ with the acid-etched designs on the number 1 surface of the glass.
Following the recommendations of experts the designs are based on the 2x4 Rule.
The AviProtek™ products can be used for guard rails, rain screens or in insulated units and can be combined with a low-e glass on position 3.
Benefits of Walker Textures™ AviProtekMC
- Full surface etching on either side of the glass
- Patterns etched on the outside surface of the glass, offering an optimal combination of viewing areas and attractive bird safe designs meeting the 2x4 rule
- Excellent “threat factors”, ranging from 5 to 29.8 on position 1
- Effective both from a direct or angled view
- No significant impact on the level of visible light transmission
- The resistance properties of the closed pore surface of acid-etched glass are equivalent to unetched glass and offer the only suitable solution for treatment on the outside surface
- Can be combined with energy efficient glass, in a double glazed unit
- 10 year limited warranty
Walker Textures™ AviProtekMC Offering
- Colors: Clear and ultra-clear, others available on demand
- Thicknesses: Standard 6mm, others available on demand
- Patterns: Standard 96’’ x 130’’
- Full Surface: Standard 96’’ x 130’’ up to 100’’ x 144’’
- Energy: Can be combined with any low-e glass on position 3
- Threat Factors:
- Patterns: 29.8 on position 1 (70.2% of times birds will avoid collision)
- Full Surface:
- 5 on position 1 (95% of times birds will avoid collision)
- 25 on position 2 (75% of times birds will avoid collision)
For more information on bird conservation visit any of the following web sites:
FLAP – Fatal Light Awareness Program
- Technical Information and Product Specifications (PDF document)
- Test Methods and Results
- AviProtekTM E: Bird Safe Low-E Coated Acid-etched Glass
- AviProtekTM T: Bird Friendly Transparent Acid-etched Glass
- AviProtekTM Custom: Bird Friendly Glass Customized Patterns