AviProtek® E: Bird Safe Low-E Coated Acid-etched Glass
Saving Birds’ Lives & Energy Was Never As Easy!
AviProtek® E from Walker Glass combines the acid-etched visual markers on the number 1 surface with the Solarban® high performance low-e on position 2, creating the ideal bird friendly glazing solution to preserve birds’ lives and energy at the same time!
Walker Glass and Vitro Glass have joined forces to create the first generation of low-e coated acid-etched bird safe glass. This innovation brings the best of both worlds together and will help architects and building owners achieve their environmental goals and earn LEED credits, while meeting solar performance targets.
The acid-etched on the outside surface mutes the reflection creating contrast, which provides effective visual markers for birds for both direct and angled views. Also, acid-etched markers have no significant impact on the level of visible light transmission. Optimal energy performance can be reached with Solarban® 60 and 70XL high performance low-e coatings from Vitro on surface 2, providing SHGC between 0.30 & 0.27.
Saving birds’ lives and energy was never as easy!
- Substrates: Clear and Starphire Ultra-ClearTM glass by Vitro Glass
- Thickness: 6MM
- Dimension: 96” x 130’’ only
- Low-e Coatings: Available with Solarban®60 VT and Solarban®70XL VT glasses by Vitro Glass, other coatings are available on demand
- Threat Factors: 23 to 30 on position 1, meaning 70-77% of times birds will avoid collision
- Pattern 211: 23
- Pattern 213: 29.8
- Pattern 214: 30
The threat factors as shown here are results of testing conducted with the American Bird Conservancy (ABC).
- Quantity: Subject to minimum quantity
- Availability: AviProtek® with Solarban® glass products are only available from members of the Vitro CertifiedTM Network.
*Solarban, Starphire Ultra-Clear, Vitro, Vitro Certified and their respective logos are trademarks owned by Vitro Architectural Glass.
Note: Custom patterns meeting bird friendly standards are also available on demand.
- Technical Information and Product Specifications (PDF document)
- Test Methods and Results
- AviProtek®: Bird Friendly Glass
- AviProtek®: Bird Friendly Transparent Acid-etched Glass
- AviProtek® Custom: Bird Friendly Glass Customized Patterns
Is Walker Textures® AviProtek® the right solution?
To receive product samples, a free copy of our white paper entitled "Key Bird Friendly Glazing Considerations" and subscribe to our monthly newsletter, please fill out and submit the following form.