AviProtek® T Bird Friendly Glass
A Transparent Solution!
AviProtek® T is a barely visible bird friendly glass solution offered by Walker Textures®
The subtly of the visual markers is an appealing proposition as a bird safe glass. This transparent product can be used in insulated units and can be combined with a low-e glass on position 3. The design follows the 2x4 Rule established by experts and has been successfully tested in field experiments by Dr. Daniel Klem.
Key Benefits of AviProtek® T
- UV markers hardly noticeable by the human eye but picked up by birds
- Proven highly effective through controlled field experiments conducted by Dr. Daniel Klem, Professor of Ornithology and Conservation Biology at Muhlenberg College in Allentown, PA.
- Can be combined with solar performance coatings on position 3 in an insulated unit
- Colors: Clear glass only
- Thicknesses: Standard 6MM, other thicknesses available on demand, subject to minimum quantity
- Dimension: Standard 96’’ x 130’’ only
- Threat Factor: 31 (69% of times birds will avoid collision)
- Energy: Can be combined with solar performance coatings on position 3 in an insulated unit
- Technical Information and Product Specifications (PDF document)
- Test Methods and Results
- AviProtek®: Bird Friendly Glass
- AviProtek® E: Bird Safe Low-E Coated Acid-etched Glass
- AviProtek® Custom: Bird Friendly Glass Customized Patterns
Is Walker Textures® AviProtek® the right solution?
To receive product samples, a free copy of our white paper entitled "Key Bird Friendly Glazing Considerations" and subscribe to our monthly newsletter, please fill out and submit the following form.