AviProtek® T Bird Friendly Glass
A Transparent Solution!
AviProtek® T is a barely visible bird friendly glass solution offered by Walker Textures®
Walker Glass and Pilkington have developed AviProtek® T, a highly effective yet discrete bird friendly glass solution made by using Pilkington pyrolytic coated glass.Using the industry-accepted 2x4 rule established by leading scientists, Walker Glass has created patterned contrasts on the coated surface that are effective in deterring birds from colliding with the building façade. This transparent product can be used in insulated units and can be combined with a low-e glass on position 3.
Key Benefits of AviProtek® T
- UV reflections from the coated surface and the contrasts are easily seen by birds but are hardly noticeable to the human eye
- Proven highly effective through controlled field experiments conducted by Dr. Daniel Klem, Professor of Ornithology and Conservation Biology at Muhlenberg College in Allentown, PA.
- Can be combined with solar performance coatings on position 3 in an insulated unit
- Glass: Pilkington North America pyrolytic coated glass on position 1
- Substrates: Clear, Pilkington Optiwhite™
- Thickness: 6MM (other thicknesses are available on demand subject to minimum quantity)
- Dimensions: 96’’ x 130’’
- Threat Factors: Successfully tested in the field experiment by Dr. Daniel Klem
- Energy: Can be combined with solar performance coatings on position 3 in an insulated glass unit
- Warranty: 10 year limited warranty on surface degradation by Walker Glass
- Technical Information and Product Specifications (PDF document)
- Test Methods and Results
- AviProtek®: Bird Friendly Glass
- AviProtek® E: Bird Safe Low-E Coated Acid-etched Glass
- AviProtek® Custom: Bird Friendly Glass Customized Patterns
Is Walker Textures® AviProtek® the right solution?
To receive product samples, a free copy of our white paper entitled "Key Bird Friendly Glazing Considerations" and subscribe to our monthly newsletter, please fill out and submit the following form.