Walker Textures® Traction Acid-etched Anti-slip Glass
Walker Textures® Traction - the ultimate anti-slip glass flooring product. Multi-level acid-etching of the Traction surface provides an unprecedented design option by combining discretion and security without impeding the natural flow of light.
Traction is an all-glass flooring solution, using no coatings, paints or appliqués susceptible to chipping or flaking off. The slip resistant properties of Traction glass are entirely derived through acid etching, whereby portions of the glass surface are removed to varying depths by a controlled process. The result is attractive and durable anti-slip surfaces, characterised by striking designs. The unique combination of opacity and translucency provides for full privacy, while still allowing for maximum circulation of light between floors.
Walker Textures® Traction offers many advantages, including:
- Superior slip resistance
- Obscures view while maintaining a high level of light transmittance
- Unique design
- Consistent acid-etched finish
- Conducive to high quality edgework
- More durable than applied coatings
- Superior resistance to surface contamination from dirt, oils, chemicals, liquids, food, etc.
- Free of iridescence
Glass Pattern 406
Glass Pattern 407
Technical Data on Acid-etched Anti-slip glass
Traction glass provides a high slip resistant coefficient based on a recognized test method.
ANSI A137.1:2012 Section 9.6 “Procedure for Dynamic Coefficient of Friction (DCOF) Testing”
Wet Dynamic Coefficient of Friction (DCOF)
- Pattern 406: 0.63
- Pattern 407: 0.69
Product Specifications for Acid-etched Anti-slip glass
- Etching: Two finishes on one surface (Opaque & Satin)
- Colors: Clear and ultra-clear*
- Thicknesses: 6 mm to 12 mm
- Dimensions: 96’’ x 130’’or 84’’ x 130’’
* Tempering of ultra-clear glass is recommended to correct slight color variances caused by the Walker Textures® Traction manufacturing process.
- Guidelines for Product Selection (PDF document)
- Product Specifications (PDF document)
- Service Advantages
- Handling, Fabrication, Installation and Cleaning (PDF document)
- Processes possible with acid-etched anti-slip glass
- Warranty (PDF document)
Is Walker Textures® Traction the right solution?
To receive product samples, a free copy of our white paper entitled "What Specifiers Should Know About Acid-etched Glass For Walkways" and subscribe to our monthly newsletter, please fill out and submit the following form.